Learn about the assessment services offered at the center.
At the Psychological Assessment Center our psychologists provide comprehensive psychological evaluations for children, adolescents, college students, and adults. Our assessments are tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual client to more fully realize their potential by determining their unique cognitive and emotional strengths and weaknesses. Services include assessments for a wide range of psychological issues including:
- Cognitive and Academic Issues (Intellectual Functioning, ADHD, Learning Disorders, Giftedness, Kindergarten Readiness)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Delays
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, OCD, Phobias)
- Behavioral Disorders (Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Disruptive Behavior)
- Department of Transportation Qualified Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Memory Concerns
- Pre-surgery and Medical Assessment
At the beginning of the assessment process, your psychologist will meet with you to obtain comprehensive background information in order to determine the best approach to meet your needs or the needs of your child. When selecting psychological testing services, we encourage you to ask other providers if all of the testing will be completed by a licensed, doctoral-level psychologist. We do not utilize graduate students, psychometrists, or psychological technicians which allows for a more personal service. Our practice model assures you that a psychologist with extensive experience is involved in all phases of the evaluation: testing, interpretation, diagnosis, recommendations, and advocacy.